Sunday 10 February 2013

Pancake Tuesday Vs Muffin Tuesday!


Tomorrow is Pancake Tuesday. Don’t get me wrong, I’m a great fan of pancakes, but why not add my very favourite muffins to your menu tomorrow. They are currently my absolute favourite recipe! I’ll give you the original recipe and advise you on what I used. So go ahead and try my.......
 

Blueberry and Orange Muffins
 
Makes 12
2 cups of PF
4 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
¾ cup sugar
Zest of ½ orange
½ cup canola or other oil
½ cup plain or fruit-flavoured yoghurt (I used Jalna’s strawberry, but any is ok. I think strawberry is best)
½ cup orange juice (I used half fresh orange juice and half apple and mango juice)
1 large egg
1-11/2 cups blueberries
Preheat the oven to 220C (or 210C fan bake) with the rack just below the centre. Non- stick spray 12 standard muffin pans. (I used patty pans)
Sieve the first five ingredients into a fairly large bowl.
In another bowl combine the oil, yoghurt, orange juice and egg, and mix thoroughly.
Tip the egg mixture and fruit into the bowl containing dry ingredients. Gently fold the mixture to incorporate all the ingredients so that the flour should be dampened, not smooth, and the berries keep their shape.
Evenly divide the mixture between the muffin pans and bake for 12-15 minutes until a muffin springs back when pressed. Leave the muffins to cool in the pans for 3-5 minutes, then transfer to a rack to cool.
Note: Use frozen free-flow blueberries when fresh aren’t available. To stop fozen blueberries staining the batter, use them before they thaw completely but note that muffins will take about 5 minutes longer to bake.
Don’t forget to taste the mixture!! That’s the best part! It’s also the best mixture you’ll ever taste!
 
 
Laura xx
 


0 comments: